- 1st Energy offers electricity plans to customers in NSW, VIC and QLD. For solar plans, contact 1st Energy customer service representatives to discuss options.
- 1st Energy is based in Australia and has a focus on personalised customer service.
- There are no credit card fees when paying your bill with 1st Energy.
Established in 2014, 1st Energy is a relatively new energy company on the Australian energy market. It currently provides electricity plans to customers in New South Wales, Victoria, and Queensland.
1st Energy is based in Melbourne and offers a range of competitively-priced plans, but currently does not offer gas plans.
As a new energy retailer, 1st Energy is still building its reputation. However, its price match guarantee and lack of credit card fees are two features that set it apart from the competition.
The company’s service guarantee, which promises to prioritise the customer in every decision made, reflects the company’s high standard of performance in customer service.
Standing offers are billed every three months, with all other offers adhering to a monthly billing schedule. For customers with smart meters, bills are based on actual reads whenever possible.
Customers with regular meters must nominate an estimated monthly amount when they sign up or provide their own reads through the 1st Energy portal. Bills are balanced every quarter to ensure you don’t pay for additional electricity you haven’t used.
There are a number of ways to pay your 1st Energy bill:
- Online: Pay online through 1st Energy’s online portal
- Direct Debit: Complete a direct debit form or set up a direct debit over the phone (there are no fees for credit card payments)
- Phone: Pay by credit card over the phone
- BPay: Use a BPay billing code and unique reference number to make a payment.
- Post: Send your payment slip and a cheque by mail.
- Advance Payment: Pay your bill in advance using the methods listed above.
- Centrelink: Call 1300 426 594 to get your first Energy Centrepay reference number. Then contact Centrelink to arrange the Centrepay deductions.
1st Energy can help you arrange the disconnection and reconnection of your power supply when you are moving house. For a smooth transition, contact 1st Energy at least five business days before you move. If you are moving in fewer than five business days, call 1300 426 594 as soon as possible to arrange the connection.